New Story School is an educational organization comprised of special education schools in Pennsylvania. We offer an academic learning environment integrated with behavior support services for students ages 5 through 21 experiencing social, emotional educational and behavioral challenges. As an alternate educational placement, we work closely with families, school districts and other professionals to create individualized program unique to each student.
New story is searching for a Special Education Teacher to teach and mentor students. As a special Education Teacher, you play an integral role in the success of our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics and functioning of all staff within their classroom.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Complete individualized Education plan (IEP) process, which includes IEP development, collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, and preparation of required paperwork.
· Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
· Provide appropriate guidance, leadership and direction to staff within the classroom.
· Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor confidentiality.
Qualifications and Skills:
The Ideal candidate will have:
· Minimum of six months’ experience working with children with behavior/learning disorders
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Great attention to detail
· A positive can-do attitude
· A four-year degree from a college or university and one of the following certifications is required:
· Pennsylvania public School Special Education certificate
· Private Academic Teaching Certificate or
· Private Academic Temporary Approval Certificates
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
· Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
· Employee discount program
· Rewards Program (Which allows you to earn points to purchase items)
· 401k options and paid school holidays
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about New Story Schools, services, benefits and careers please visit our website www.joinnewstory.com