- Full-time and Part-time positions available
- 403(b) Retirement w/ Employer Match
- Free Training
- PTO/Paid Holidays
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Supportive & Dynamic Culture
- Trauma Informed Organization
- Growth/Development Opportunities
- COA Accredited
- Hourly pay rate between $11.26-$15.23 per hour with Bachelor’s level applicants starting at $13.03 per hour!
MHY Family Services is an Organization that you can be proud to be a part of, where you will be coached, challenged, and empowered to grow as a person and a professional. MHY has an opening for a Residential Advisor to support at-risk youth. Residential Advisor’s work with youth (ages 9-18) to promote positive and lasting change.
ABOUT MHY FAMILY SERVICES…
MHY Family Services (MHY) is over 140 years old and a non-profit organization that provides support and services through residential, educational and community-based programming all over Pennsylvania, primarily in Western PA. MHY strives to meet the changing needs of at-risk youth and their families through a practical and holistic approach to treatment. Youth and families have the opportunity to learn skills that help them manage and cope with trauma-based issues and to re-engage with home, school and community.
Responsible for the day to day supervision of MHY residents comprised of at-risk-youth between the ages of 9-18 who are at risk of abuse or neglect, have been abused or neglected, have serious emotional, mental or behavioral disturbances, and/or are involved in the juvenile justice system. Responsible for carrying out and directing residents’ daily routines, completing documentation and reports, and communicating with families by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides positive role modeling for residents in areas of communications, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Acts as the Primary staff for assigned residents, including preparing appropriate reports, communicating with other team members and supervising family visits.
- Supervises and assists residents in their daily tasks in support of individual goals.
- Accurately completes group notes, On-Duty Reports, Safety Plans, Serious Incident Reports, and similar documentation in a timely manner.
- Communicates in an effective manner with co-workers regarding residents’ daily living activities.
- Assumes a leadership role, particularly during crises, to affect calm and effective solutions.
- Reports any inconsistencies, conflicts or problematic situations to the appropriate Residential Program Manager(s) or in the RPMs absence, an Assistant Residential Program Manager.
- Responds appropriately and effectively to directives assigned by the Residential Program Managers, Assistant Residential Program Managers, or senior manager.
- Ensures a safe environment for both residents and co-workers.
- Distributes medications effectively and as prescribed.
- Participates in meetings and training sessions, as scheduled.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities of other staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study preferred; high school diploma and a minimum of two years prior related experience in youth direct care services required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be 21 years of age with current Act 33, 34 and FBI clearances, and current PA state driver’s license with an insurable driving record required. Must possess demonstrated PC skills including basic MS Office applications. Additional training or licensing as required by regulations, or as deemed necessary by the Executive Director or Director.