Are you looking for an Internship in the mental health field where you can gain firsthand experience? Look no further! MHY Family Services is looking for passionate students to join our team!
- Paid Internship!
- Full-time and Part-time Internships available
- Free Training
- Supportive & Dynamic Culture
- Trauma Informed Organization
- Growth/Development Opportunities
- COA Accredited
WHY MHY FAMILY SERVICES?
MHY Family Services is an Organization that you can be proud to be a part of, where you will be coached, challenged, and empowered to grow as a person and a professional. MHY has an opening for a Residential Advisor Intern to support at-risk youth. Residential Advisor Intern’s work with youth (ages 9-18) to promote positive and lasting change.
ABOUT MHY FAMILY SERVICES:
MHY Family Services (MHY) is over 140 years old and a non-profit organization that provides support and services through residential, educational and community-based programming all over Pennsylvania, primarily in Western PA. MHY strives to meet the changing needs of at-risk youth and their families through a practical and holistic approach to treatment. Youth and families have the opportunity to learn skills that help them manage and cope with trauma-based issues and to re-engage with home, school and community.
Responsible for the day to day supervision of MHY residents comprised of at-risk-youth between the ages of 9-17 who are at risk of abuse or neglect, have been abused or neglected, have serious emotional, mental or behavioral disturbances, and/or are involved in the juvenile justice system. Responsible for carrying out and directing residents’ daily routines, completing documentation and reports, and communicating with families by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides positive role modeling for residents in areas of communications, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Acts as the Primary staff for assigned residents, including preparing appropriate reports, communicating with other team members and supervising family visits.
- Supervises and assists residents in their daily tasks in support of individual goals.
- Completes monthly tracking sheets, ISP reviews, safety plan checklists, and similar documentation.
- Communicates in an effective manner with co-workers regarding residents’ daily living activities.
- Assumes a leadership role, particularly during crises, to affect calm and effective solutions.
- Reports any inconsistencies, conflicts or problematic situations to the appropriate Residential Program Manager(s) or in the RPMs absence, an Assistant Residential Program Manager.
- Responds appropriately and effectively to directives assigned by the Residential Program Managers, Assistant Residential Program Managers, or senior manager.
- Ensures a safe environment for both residents and co-workers in compliance with regulations and policies.
- Participates in meetings and training sessions, as scheduled.