Role Value Proposition:
This is a newly created, highly visible position on the Global Talent Acquisition (GTA) team that will play a lead role in crafting a refreshed diversity executive recruitment strategy. As the demand to deliver diverse candidate slates at senior levels continues to be a priority at MetLife, this role is needed to bring an even greater laser focus to our senior recruitment sourcing, relationship-building capabilities and open role fulfillment. The GTA organization is comprised of a highly skilled in-house executive recruitment team as well as an RPO partner, who work collaboratively on talent pipeline development and the identification and placement of professionals across global functions and lines of business.
The Director of Diversity Recruitment Strategy Planning & Execution sits on the Global Talent Acquisition Leadership team. Reporting to the Head of Global Talent Acquisition, this individual is expected to work in an agile, team-spirited manner with key stakeholders and resources across the enterprise, providing executive level talent solutions to internal client groups. The key objective of this role is to develop and implement an innovative strategy to attract, engage and recruit diverse talent to achieve even stronger and sustainable outcomes in talent diversity at management levels. This will include a refreshed strategy, talent messaging and branding, focus on our processes and operations, in particular as relates to unbiased interviewing and candidate experience, referral cultivation, relationship and pipeline-building. S/he will be instrumental in driving transformative talent acquisition capabilities while developing and executing strategic sourcing strategies to identify diverse talent at the AVP+ levels for both active, open roles as well as anticipated opportunities. This role may also be accountable for managing a small book of open roles and will partner, as needed, to provide counsel on complex Director-level roles, especially where there are needs to build more robust pipelines with diverse talent, in partnership with our RPO.
- Work in collaboration with the GTA Leadership and Executive Recruiting teams to refresh the global senior recruitment diversity strategy and ensure seamless execution with measurable results.
- Act as a strategic Talent Acquisition partner with internal Executive Recruiters, their clients and HR colleagues to develop and mobilize recruitment strategies that support key talent and transformational needs, ensuring diverse, high-potential slates.
- Track and monitor diversity hiring metrics (diverse candidate slates and interviewer panels) across the enterprise in partnership with GTA, D&I and Workforce Analytics
- Lead and/or partner on the full executive search life cycle for key roles. Support talent initiatives proactively by building and executing diverse pipelining strategies, minimizing the use of engaging outside recruitment partners only as appropriate based on demand/supply and complexity.
- Ensure talent acquisition strategies and execution promote the MetLife Brand and our Employee Promise, providing client and candidate-focused solutions to drive business results.
- Lead and influence talent decisions based on expert knowledge of business, external market and candidate capabilities.
- Create, execute and replicate recruiting best practice capabilities while ensuring recruiting plans align with MetLife’s overall talent management strategies and leadership model.
- Partner with Employer Brand team to ensure we use inclusive language and promote our diversity hiring practices in all hiring materials (including job descriptions, external channels, etc.)
- Partner with RPO leadership and diversity recruiting resources for select Director-level roles to leverage resources and develop a more holistic MetLife D&I approach to pipeline development.
- Identify key opportunities on emerging Talent Acquisition and Diversity Staffing trends and best practice.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- 10+ years of experience, with demonstrated success in creating and executing senior level diversity recruitment strategies.
- Passionate about hunting for talent, a proven talent scout. Bring deep, established networks and DEI resources to leverage.
- Agile mindset coupled with demonstrative success in developing, driving and executing talent sourcing and acquisition strategies using innovative and cost-effective recruiting methods, including direct sourcing.
- Capable of bringing multiple stakeholders together; consultative client service expertise including strategic discussion on business need and role requirements, creation of highly effective sourcing strategies, guidance on best interview and calibration methods, and effective negotiation and close.
- Structured systems thinker, can define a clear plan and align everyone behind it. Superb senior level assessment skills; credibility to build strong working relationships with senior clients and their HRBPs.
- Strong executive presence, leadership, change and project management skills. Ability to understand and communicate market trends and provide clients with value-added perspective on how best to source and attract diverse talent.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities without compromising excellence; adept at triaging and sorting through competing demands.
- Sense of urgency and ownership; solutions-driven, models client service excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Prior retained executive search, corporate or RPO senior-level recruiting experience.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $600 billion of total assets under management as of December 31, 2019. We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.