Merakey is currently seeking a full time Clinical Specialist to join our school in Chambersburg, PA. This position will involve group therapy sessions, one-on-one sessions and behavior analysis and emotional support as needed. The Clinical Specialist will work collaboratively with the staff Psychologist, Special Education Teacher, and Behavior Interventionist.
- Masters degree in Counseling, Social Work, or related Human Services field required
- Candidate must hold LCSW or LSW license, LBS or LPC licsense
General responsibilities include:
- Provide behavioral support, analysis and intervention to all school staff on behalf of all students and all relevant public school classrooms.
- Review and assist with Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA) for all students as indicated in Individual Education Plans (IEP) or requested.
- Provide appropriate training a needed for Merakey School employees relative to Emotional Disturbance, behaviors, behavioral interventions, clinical protocols and other related areas.
- Collaborate with therapists (speech, occupational, physical) as needed, in preparation for appropriate individualized goals for students.
- Assist as needed with establishment of appropriate behavior plans for IEPs.
- Consult with staff on appropriateness of goal selection and criteria for mastery.
- Provide in class support to include, but not be limited to, child specific behavior, reinforcement systems, data collection procedures, classroom-wide behavior management systems,
- Assist all school staff in identifying and following best practices and standards in meeting the unique behavioral needs for each student to include reward and consequence systems.
- Actively participate in team meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to meet programmatic needs.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a position that will allow you to make a difference in a person’s life while taking your career to the next level… Don’t Wait — Apply Today!
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations. We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.
To learn more about our Education and Autism division, please visit http://educationandautism.merakey.org/.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!