Job Summary: The primary goal for this position is to grow the internship and alumni network, making the MRC the premier program for prospective students and the top conservative organization to launch young conservatives into the movement. This role will assist development with donor communications regarding the internship. This position reports to the External Affairs Coordinator and VP of External Affairs and carries out day-to-day projects that promote the MRC to the conservative movement.
Please send resume and cover letter to External Affairs Coordinator Julie Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages day-to-day details for the internship program, reporting to the External Affairs Coordinator, including but not limited to:
- Manages contacts and communications to intern alumni, through Facebook, email, and Salesforce
- Evaluates and reviews intern resumes; schedules and conducts interviews
- Organizes recruitment efforts by reaching out to conservative organizations, universities, and campus groups
- Assists with formatting and compiling letters from interns to donors
- Works with our development team to coordinate intern calls and correspondence with donors, intern letter campaigns for holidays, and yearbook sends
- Attends events like CPAC, NCSC, and other local career fairs to recruit interns
- Helps create or recommend marketing strategies of the internship program: promotional materials, emails, etc.
- Schedules intern pictures, events, and workshops
- Serves as back-up to secretary to cover phones and front desk
- Assists External Affairs with administrative projects through Salesforce and Google sheets
Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – both written and spoken
- Ability to work full-time in office in Reston, VA – not a remote position
- Ability to use Salesforce is a plus
- Campus involvement in conservative groups is a plus