Mayvin is seeking a Senior Information Technology Engineer to support Mayvin IT infrastructure for the corporate office in Annandale VA.
This position requires U.S. citizenship. TS/SCI clearance is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- The Information Technology Engineer will manage the installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers, switches, and computers along with all associated peripherals and software. The systems shall be maintained in accordance with current NIST 800-171, DFARS 252.204-7021 and CMMC Maturity Models.
- Manages the integration and development of new technologies, and maintains proficiency on commercial and government network trends and advances
- Identifies and establishes requirements and priorities for current and future communications-information programs, projects, and equipment
- Provides staff advice, guidance, direction, assistance and consultation in response to requests pertaining to various management issues as it pertains to IT.
- Performs system cost/benefit analysis and identifies communication equipment and software enhancement requirements supporting a wide variety of GOVT requirements.
- Provides recommendations on integrating and fielding products and equipment into the networks
- Reviews work of subordinates for adequacy and compliance with instructions and policy to ensure that requests meet requirements of the mission
- The Information Technology Engineer shall assist Mayvin Operations with all administrative tasks associated with the administration of a secure network in accordance with prime contract requirements.
- Five (5) years of experience which includes two (2) years of experience in the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer components and networking hardware.
- Must possess an adjudicated Secret security clearance eligible for Top Secret
- Demonstrated and verifiable experience as a Network Engineer
- Experience in writing technical documentation and policy requirements for NIST 800-171 compliance
- Experience also includes installing, operating, and maintaining computer processors, displays, and input/output devices and associated hardware interfaces.
- DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level II certification.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study from a fully accredited institution. (degree preferred but not required)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher certification preferred
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 certification preferred
- DoD 8570.01m certification required
- Certifications within the last 2 years old
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA).
- Member of local cyber security work force.
- Experience supporting Special Operations Command organizations
- Experience with the military is preferred
- Strong communication, organizational, creative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members, clients and company management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
Mayvin is a dynamic women-owned small business created out of a commitment to deliver unparalleled service to our clients. We are a global technical and knowledge-based services company supporting defense, and intelligence, and federal civilian government customers. We work across multiple domains including analysis, cyber, engineering, management, and integration of emerging technologies within the U.S. Government, associated Combatant Commands, Allies, and partners. Headquartered in the D.C. Metropolitan Area, Mayvin supports government clients in several states and OCONUS, and is comprised of former military and government civilian personnel. We create effective strategies for program design, execution, and sustainment while implementing action plans to meet our clients’ goals. Navigating the complex world of integrating technology into the modern battlefield requires knowledge. At Mayvin, we bring knowledge to you.
A “Mayvin” is a trusted expert in a particular field who seeks to pass knowledge on to others – a builder of networks, a communicator of knowledge.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits package, along with an award winning corporate culture and supportive team environment.
Mayvin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Mayvin is a current participant in E-Verify and conducts internal I-9 audits at least once per year.