Maxim Healthcare is looking to hire a Special Education Teacher who will provide quality services to special education students. We have multiple opportunities to work with students ranging from kindergarten through grade 12. Qualified candidates will be committed to working collaboratively with the SPED team in consultation with the general education staff to plan and implement student programs including special instruction and tutorial assistance.
- Prepares student education plans in consultation with parents and IEP team members.
- Designs instruction, both individual and small group, which parallels the general education curriculum.
- Serves as the coordinator of IEP implementation with general education staff.
- Monitors student progress, participates in review and revision of student’s IEP, as appropriate.
- Other Special Education Teacher related duties as assigned.
- Learning Behavior Specialist 1 (LBS1) endorsement for the age demographic you are interested in teaching
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university (emphasis in appropriate field preferred.)
- IL State Teacher Certification; Type: Standard Elementary Teaching, Standard Secondary Teaching, and Standard Special Teaching preferred.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.