Come work for Marlene Katz, a Democrat running to flip the PA House blue and bring a progressive voice to Harrisburg. 2020 is a very important year for elections, especially at the state level. The party that controls the legislature will get to redraw districts, which can have a lasting impact on elections and policy for the next decade. There has been no better time to get involved with a campaign.
This position is best suited for high school/college students who are interested in politics, communications, management, policy and have a passion for igniting change. There’s flexibility based on the intern’s skills and interests. As an intern, you will be introduced to all aspects of a local campaign, including campaign management, organizing, and learning how to use NGP/VAN, all of which are valuable skills for future campaign work.
Potential Intern Duties/Responsibilities
- 10-20 hours a week, based on intern’s availability
- Weekly calls/training with the campaign to check in
- Field organizing/Voter Outreach
- Volunteer recruitment/training volunteers
- Helping manage and staff phone banks
- Using VAN to organize and target voters
- Campaign Research/Finance
- Donor research
- Messaging/policy research
- Learning how to use NGP to help fundraise
- Following up with potential donors
- Designing social media posts
- Work on messaging with the campaign’s outreach team
- Due to current conditions, it’s possible to complete this entire internship remotely, with the possibility of in-person work in the future when it is safe to do so.