Mariner Wealth Advisors is a national wealth advisory firm. Our mission is to help clients and their families navigate their financial future, charting the course to achieve their financial goals today, tomorrow and for years to come. Simply put, we exist to be advocates. We believe everyone can benefit from professional advice and, as our clients’ advocate, we help them make informed financial decisions so they can live a fulfilling life.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Spring Tax Internship in our Tulsa, OK office. This paid intern will assist our staff members in servicing high net worth individuals with a focus on personal, Fiduciary, S-Corporation, partnership, private foundation, and gift tax returns. This position could be part-time or full-time based on the candidates’ needs.
- Service clients as it relates to planning, projects and compliance requirements
- Prepare tax returns, quarterly and annual income tax projections, estimated tax vouchers, extension forms and all related work papers and financial statements
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Research supervised technical matters for complex tax needs and updates to regulations
- Present complete, timely and accurate client deliverables in an efficient manner
- Maintain an understanding of relevant computer software applications
- Attend and participate in tax training opportunities to further knowledge and development
- Compliance to the Firm’s quality control standards
- Additional projects, furthering the service of clients as needed
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a tax-related field
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Effective in communicating to a variety of audiences both written and oral
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated leadership experience through involvement in campus activities
Northeastern State University Career Services acts only as a referral service and makes no particular recommendations regarding employers. We make no representations or guarantees about positions posted by our office. Career Services is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of off-campus employment. Due to the volume of jobs received by the office, we are unable to research the integrity of each organization or person that lists a job with us. Therefore, you are urged to undertake this responsibility yourself. If numerous complaints are given to us about a particular employer we will refuse to use their services for our students.