Special Education Teachers work within an Immersion Model collaborating and co-teaching with Regular Education Teachers to meet the needs of students on their caseload. There is extensive training and support from the District Office Special Education Department. In addition, each teacher new to the District is provided and Instructional Coach.
In addition the Employee Salary Package includes:
1. Salary range depending on experience and education from $53,000-$94,222
2. Bonus Pay over 2 years paid up front
3. Subsidized housing in the villages from $700-$900 per month (does not include Bethel)
4. LKSD pays ALL the maintenance and utilities for village housing (does not include Bethel)
5. Round trip airfare from Anchorage to home village per year
6. Laptop and desktop computer for each teacher