Teach Career and Technical Education courses to secondary students. This teacher will be itinerant moving from school to school bi-monthly. The teacher’s home base will be Bethel and he/she will report to the District Office Career and Tech Ed Department. Depending on the school size, the classes may be multi-age, and it is important to note class sizes are generally 15 or less except in Bethel.
The Lower Kuskokwim School District provides an Instructional Coach and extensive training to support new teachers in their classroom.
In addition the Employee Salary Package includes:
1. Salary range depending on experience and education from $53,000-$94,222
2. Bonus Pay over 2 years paid up front
3. Subsidized housing in the villages from $700-$900 per month (does not include Bethel)
4. LKSD pays ALL the maintenance and utilities for village housing (does not include Bethel)
5. Round trip airfare from Anchorage to home village per year
6. Laptop and desktop computer for each teacher