School Social Workers are based in Bethel and work with 3-4 assigned village school. Travel by planes to 2 villages per week is the norm. The Social Workers work with students and families in their assigned villages to promote healthy living and to address problems that arise. Once per week the MSW Department meets with LKSD’s Lead Social Worker to interface with other agencies providing similar services.
Applicant must have or be able to obtain MSW license (certification),
Desire to live and work in a cross-cultural, rural Alaskan environment,
Love to work with K-12 students and their families and community.
In addition the Employee Salary Package includes:
1. Salary range depending on experience and education from $53,000-$94,222
2. Bonus Pay over 2 years paid up front
3. Subsidized housing in the villages from $700-$900 per month (does not include Bethel)
4. LKSD pays ALL the maintenance and utilities for village housing (does not include Bethel)
5. Round trip airfare from Anchorage to home village per year.