If you are looking for an internship opportunity that offers real work experience that you can apply to any industry, you’ve made a wise decision in choosing to learn more about the internship program at LB Water!
When you shower, brush your teeth, or drink a glass of water, you’re one of the millions of consumers who benefit from the work LB Water performs each day. As a value-added distributor of waterworks infrastructure products, we’re involved in each of the intricate parts that make water systems function. Without companies like ours, millions of people would be without clean water. By joining our team, you can play a role in helping to keep the Earth’s most precious natural resource available to those who use it!
We offer internship opportunities at all eight LB Water locations throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia.
LB Water interns will have the opportunity to work in each of the following areas: warehouse, inventory, inside sales, outside sales, shipping and transport, and LB Water’s specialty lines of business. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: assisting with sales calls, managing inventory, compiling comprehensive material lists from engineer issued blue-prints, gathering and verifying products for shipment, and developing quotes for customer orders. Job opportunities after an internship may be available.
After completing the LB Water Internship Program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the waterworks industry
- Identify specific waterworks products and where to best implement each product
- Explain the functionality of LB Water’s inventory management system
- Summarize the lifecycle of an order
- Describe various strategic pricing tactics and in what situations each tactic may be most useful
- Comprehend how to effectively build relationships with prospective customers and apply that knowledge in face-to-face customer situations
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and acceptable demeanor in a professional working environment
Applicants must be:
- At least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- Working toward a degree or specialized/technical certification
- Able to lift 50 lbs.*
- Positive and professional
- Able to accept multiple assignments from numerous people and prioritize them accordingly
- Able to think and solve problems independently
- Self-directed, reliable, and proactive
And must have:
- A reliable source of transportation to and from the internship
- Excellent written and oral communication skills