Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Work Type: Internship
Location: Roswell, GA or Neenah, WI
Start Date: May
EXP Labs was created to leverage the external innovation ecosystem to drive exponential opportunities for our businesses. Over five years, we have launched 100 pilots around the world and explored most Horizon 2 and 3 technologies. Recently, EXP Labs has brought more strategic capabilities to our Regions by helping them close gaps in their innovation pipelines.
As we explore, experiment with, and expand into Emerging Technologies like Edge computing, IoT/Sensor Networks, Wearables, Voice/Vision recognition and AR/VR-based solutions, coupled with Cloud-based AI/ML Data Analytics, we have a unique opportunity to re-imagine our future.
Summary of Position
During the program, the Intern will work with members of the EXP Lab team on a variety of efforts related to Digital Innovation and Smart Products (e.g. scouting, ideation, iterative design, coordination, prototyping, MVPs, PoCs and Pilots, to help develop and evolve digital ecosystems and connected experiences. The EXP Labs Intern will gain exposure to the following areas:
- Effective communications
- Application of emerging tech in a global business
- Collaboration with geo-dispersed team members
- Opportunity to influence and impact project work
- Experience in rapid-prototyping and Agile delivery
- Cross-functional collaboration (e.g. Architecture, Security, Procurement, Engineering, etc.)
- Business experience using innovation tools
- Exposure to Startups and other partners
- College student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an Information Technology, HCI, EE or related field with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous relevant internship or related work experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Leadership experience during college years
- Understanding of Cloud, Mobile, Voice and IoT tech; Bonus points for demonstrable hands-on experience
- Solid knowledge of PC based applications; Microsoft SharePoint / Teams experience is a plus
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week from May to August)
- Transportation to work location
- Authorized to work in the U.S on a regular, full-time basis
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.