Start your career working alongside our seasoned professionals, building long-term relationships and providing clients with access to our world-class banking solutions.
Who we are
The Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) group at J.P. Morgan focuses on companies with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million, municipalities, and not-for-profit entities requiring both traditional banking services (lending and cash management) as well as investment banking products (including debt and equity capital markets, risk management derivatives, and corporate finance advisory). With over 100 locations, our local delivery model, coupled with the firm’s global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service.
How we’re organized
MMBSI is organized into 5 regional groups (Northeast, Midwest, Southwest, Southeast and Pacific) and a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to, Agribusiness, Life Sciences, Government, Healthcare, Higher Education, Not-for-profit and Technology and Disruptive Commerce.
Full-time Analysts in the program will work with MMBSI Bankers and Product Partners (including Credit, Asset-Based Lending, Treasury Services and International Banking) to provide a range of financing solutions and serve as strategic advisors to our clients.
What you can expect
The Full-Time Analyst Program will provide you with an introduction to client management, credit structuring and product sales over the course of the program to ultimately position yourself to have a successful and rewarding career in Commercial Banking.
You’ll begin with an intensive training program where you will learn about our products and services, clients and business practices. Under the leadership of our lending and training professionals, you will gain in-depth knowledge of accounting, commercial banking, underwriting, financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis and credit structuring. The program uses a full range of teaching methods such as lectures, team exercises, exams and case studies.
After completing the initial training program, you will begin your first role in one of the following areas, where you will continue to receive periodic training and gain hands-on experience, working alongside senior professionals to support our clients.
- Banking – You’ll work with relationship bankers to identify, develop and market solutions for corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities and to build client management skills
- Credit Markets – You’ll gain firsthand knowledge of and exposure to product sales and work with product specialists to bring customized, comprehensive solutions to clients and prospects. Credit Market sub-groups include: Asset Based Lending, Equipment Finance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan Advisory Group and Syndicated Finance
- Treasury Services – You’ll work with Treasury Services executives to market and deliver cash management, trade, liquidity and commercial card solutions to our clients
- International Banking – You’ll support local and overseas colleagues to help clients establish and manage their international operations by identifying the products and services that best meet their needs
- Risk – You’ll works alongside seasoned risk officers to analyze client performance and capital structure. You will assist in assessing the risks in our client portfolio, managing the portfolio (i.e. annual renewals, modifications, managing the credit metrics), and meeting deadlines associated with financing requests
Analysts in MMBSI are placed in strategic markets throughout the country. Over the course of the program, analysts will reside in one office in roles that support the broader segment. Upon successful completion of the program, analysts will be eligible for associate level positions in Commercial Banking across the country.
We are looking for candidates who have an interest in corporate banking and enjoy working with people, building relationships and providing the best customer experience.
- Preferred GPA of 3.2
- Coursework in business, finance, or accounting a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
- JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) teams provide credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and nonprofits. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. The local delivery model, coupled with the firm’s global resources, offers clients customized, comprehensive solutions and personalized service by building long-term relationships.