To gain exposure to the financial industry in an independent, fee-based Registered Investment Advisor environment.
· Complete database audits to ensure data integrity
· Complete special projects as assigned
· Complete research as assigned
· Complete data entry into firm software
· Provide support to asset management, tax, and accounting departments
· Assist operations team with assembly and delivery of performance reports and other correspondence
· Attend internal meetings to learn about advisor responsibilities, investment strategies, and overall firm functions
· Enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program
· Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies
· Preferred majors: business, finance, accounting
· Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Professional demeanor
· Experience with Microsoft Office software applications, particularly Word and Excel
· Attention to detail
Minimum commitment of 160 hours over a minimum of 16 weeks. Flexible schedule based on class schedule.
About JFS Wealth Advisors
JFS Wealth Advisors is a registered investment advisor serving individuals, businesses, nonprofit organizations, institutions, and government entities with customized, solution-based financial planning services. Founded in 1986, the firm has over 60 employees, supervises over $2 billion in assets and serves over 2,000 clients in more than 40 states. JFS is a Focus Financial Partner, a leading international partnership of independent, fiduciary wealth management firms.