For over 55 years, the hallmark of Ivymount has been the ability to meet the complex needs of a diverse student population. Our mission is to help individuals with autism and developmental disabilities reach their fullest potential. Joining the Ivymount community as a speech-language pathologist is a unique opportunity to work with hundreds of people dedicated to making a meaningful impact on the lives of the individuals we serve and their families. Become part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team striving to provide individualized, specialized, and current evidence-based speech and language services for our students.
As a leader in special education, Ivymount provides exceptional training and professional development opportunities. Ivymount provides a unique opportunity to be a part of a close and collaborative Speech Therapy Department, in addition to working with skilled professionals across the fields of special education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, mental health, and behavior analysis. This is a Full Time 11 month position in our Multiple Learning Needs Program. Clinical Fellows are welcome to apply and receive high-quality individualized support.
Ivymount is committed to recruiting, training and supporting staff to continue our journey in delivering exceptional special education services. Our speech therapists access a range of personal and professional benefits including small caseloads (approximately 20 students), a comprehensive benefits package, exceptional training and professional development opportunities, annual tuition and workshop/conference reimbursement, access to journal and research databases, onsite trainings and workshops, and opportunities for promotion within Ivymount, as well as a school calendar.
Summary: Responsible for providing speech-language therapy services to a unique and diverse student population, including assessment, treatment, and documentation according to each student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP); as well as collaborating with classroom teams on the communication needs of the students.
Candidate will be expected to provide teletherapy services virtually and to be prepared to work onsite when health conditions allow. Training in teletherapy will be provided.
- Provide speech and language services to a unique and diverse student population in accordance with the IEP and IDEA and COMAR regulations
- Develop IEPs and recommendations reflective of evidence-based practices
- Conduct observations and assessment for programming recommendations and IEP development
- Collaborate with team members and provide coaching and consultation to teachers and parents on the communication needs of the students
- Attend classroom team, parent, and IEP meetings
- Master’s degree in the field of Speech-Language Pathology
- Maryland State licensure in Speech-Language Pathology
- Knowledge of current trends in delivery of school-based speech-language therapy services
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work as a collaborative team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cooperative participation within an interdisciplinary team
- Computer skills related to common office tasks such as email, conducting internet searches, and using MSOffice (e.g., MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in a school-based setting preferred
- Experience developing and writing Individual Education Plans (IEP) and attending IEP meetings preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with assistive technology preferred
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices for Speech-Language Therapy preferred
- We provide exceptional initial and ongoing training in the field of speech pathology, annual tuition and workshop/conference reimbursement, access to journal and research databases, onsite trainings and workshops, and opportunities for promotion within Ivymount!
Supervision for Clinical Fellows
Growth at Ivymount
- Ivymount has a strong culture of growing and promoting talented employees from within our organization!
- We provide access to health & wellness benefits, including Medical & Dental insurance for employees working over 15 hours per week
- 403(b) Plan
- We provide a retirement savings plan including both Traditional and Roth contribution options
FULL-TIME/PART-TIMEFull-time SALARYCommensurate with education and experience EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.