What will you be engaged in day-to-day?
- Providing accounting and clerical support to the accounting department, including reviewing and coding vendor invoices, expense reports and check requests in a timely manner and keen attention to detail
- Entering key data of financial transactions in a database.
- Preparing and maintaining accounting documents and records, including the payable filing system, vendor files and check registers.
- Reconciling accounts in a timely manner.
- Researching, tracking and restoring accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Participating in monthly and fiscal-quarter closings, preparing general ledger journal entries and analyzing expense variances.
- Informing management and compiling reports/summaries on different areas of financial activity.
- Adhering to all established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Frequent interactions with vendors, staff, and management.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What qualifications will help you succeed?
- Associates degree in Accounting/Finance. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A familiarity with basic accounting procedures is needed.
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Experience with various accounting databases and software preferred.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- An affinity and aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks.
- Data entry and word processing skills.
- Being well organized.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran, including all protected veterans, or status as a disabled individual, in accordance with applicable law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please refer to our Applicants Rights under Federal Employment Law Section on our main Careers page.