IP Services believes in making the world more fair, honest, and safe for consumers and businesses alike. That’s why IPS offers professional services to companies throughout the world that help protect their intellectual property and their customers from criminal and unlawful conduct.
If you’d like to be a part of our mission, we’re hiring FIRST SHIFT Online Fraud Specialists (Cloud Computing)! IPS is committed to creating exciting employee experiences where everyone is respected and accepted with access to equal opportunities. This means working on a team of creative, intelligent, and supportive coworkers who are passionate about what they do.
About the Opportunity:
Our Online Fraud Specialists (Cloud Computing) review and analyze cloud-computing account activity to identify suspect behavior. They evaluate and respond to escalations from customers whose accounts have been blocked, or who have reported unauthorized activity. In addition, they analyze and evaluate large-scale data sets to identify and mitigate patterns of fraudulent activity and/or policy or TOS abuse.
What You’ll Do as An Online Fraud Specialist :
- Review queued transactions to independently determine if the behavior is indicative of suspect or harmful activity
- Conduct investigations on transactions by gathering and analyzing evidence and interpreting data to make informed decisions about account activity/customer behavior
- Identify patterns in fraudulent or abusive transactions, work to recognize new patterns as they emerge and share key pattern-recognition information with colleagues
- Identify opportunities for improvement in client tools and risk strategy, internal team processes, fraud evaluation criteria and client-team collaboration
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Critical thinking skills – Successful candidates are inquisitive and able to think outside the box. They naturally ask “why,” then understand how the responses to that question fit together to tell a story about what’s happening
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – Successful candidates identify new solutions and aren’t afraid to try them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across platforms
- Excellent attention to detail – Successful candidates notice nuanced changes or recognize patterns of information & behavior
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and collaboration skills in a cross-functional team environment across multiple locations
- High degree of proficiency in Windows OS & MS Office software; SQL experience is a bonus!
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud services/cloud computing/application data usage, including legitimate revenue-driving practices and the motivations of bad actors on these platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing project-specific tools, open-source research methods, and data management techniques
- Ability to effectively search the internet and make connections between data points
- Ability to speak multiple languages is highly desirable
First shift, 8a – 4p Eastern
Our Fraud program provides coverage 365 days a year. Eligible candidates must be prepared to work shifts that include some holidays and every other weekend.
Starting base salary is $17/hr plus up to $1,700 in anticipated overtime and holiday bonus pay annually.
We hire qualified candidates who are legally eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Preference will be given to Pennsylvania residents. We hire remote employees from the following states in which we are licensed. AL, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, WA.
IP Services offers a casual work environment with paid health care, vision, dental and life insurance for individuals. We also offer long & short-term disability coverage, 401k, profit-sharing, and bonuses, as well as paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
For the safety of our staff and their families, IP Services requires all on-site employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.