Learn & Discern Internship Program
***Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.***
Digital Marketing and Customer Relations
Goal: : Enhance customer relations communication using art and technology to promote IOKDS programs at Chautauqua.
- Affordable Housing at Chautauqua
a. Assist house host with guest welcome
i. Design artistic welcome packet
ii. Infographic poster for house rules/policies
b. Seek customer feedback
i. Video clip of guest testimonials for website and Facebook posting
ii. Brief written digitally friendly survey
c. Design marketing accommodations brochure
2. Update Learn & Discern Internship recruitment brochure
Internship Program and Place
The International Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons (iokds.org) is an all-denominational, Christian service organization whose mission includes spiritual and career discernment and development of young adults at the Chautauqua Institution.
The Chautauqua Institution (chq.org), NY, is a festival for the mind, body, and spirit where we listen, learn, and lead. Over 100,000 people make up this summer community of curious minds and open hearts. David McCullough, renowned historian author, describes Chautauqua saying, “There is no place like it. It is at once a summer encampment and a small town, a college campus, an arts colony, a music festival, a religious retreat and the village square.”
IOKDS, and Chautauqua believe deeply in the value of life-long learning and holistic development of individuals.
Live in the culturally rich environment of the Chautauqua Institution with many “off-hours” opportunities to engage in recreation, entertainment, the arts, and religion. It’s a “workation!”
If you are interested in making a difference in the nonprofit world, this internship will offer you a sense of inter-generational community like no other. If you are a team player, this internship provides you opportunities to collaborate with volunteers and other interns. If you have diverse interests and can see yourself jumping in to learn and discern, this internship is for you. Check out our IOKDS Learn & Discern YouTube video https://www.youtube.com IOKDS Chautauqua
Who are we looking for?
• Individuals passionate about learning while serving others
• Undergraduate having completed a minimum of one upper level course in their career field such as digital marketing, business administration, digital communication, graphic arts
• IT management skills Microsoft, Excel, Power Point, and Internet
Details about the role
• 180 hours total beginning June 14, 2021.
• 30 hours/wk. Flexibility of daily schedule
• June 14 – June 18 Virtual Orientation (Zoom Conferencing)
• Unpaid; however, Chautauqua Institution gate pass to most events, housing, and food allowance are provided (a $3800 value). Upon completion of internship, opportunity to apply for a $1000 scholarship award.
• Informal access to network with business professionals, executives, and clergy on the Chautauqua Institution grounds
• Opportunity to gain academic credit from your college/university with weekly, mentored career development seminars provided by IOKDS.
• Additional educational components include: 1) Attend four morning lectures given at the Chautauqua Institution’s national platform or the Department of Religion’s afternoon lecture and write a reflection of the lecture; 2) Meet with organization’s staff person/treasurer to understand the income statement, the balance sheet, and the cash flow statement; 3) Interview one member of the Chautauqua Institution’s marketing management staff with prepared questions; written summary of interview; 4) Develop and present a PowerPoint about your internship accomplishments for a group of IOKDS supervisors and officers.
It’s best to apply today! (No later than May 1, 2021)
· Submit cover email telling us what you can offer and what you want to gain with your resume.
· If completing internship for academic credit, send a goals and objectives statement, so we can make sure this opportunity aligns with your requirements.
• Mark Foglesong, Ph.D, Volunteer IOKDS Internship Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Laude, International President, IOKDS; email@example.com