Company Description: International Development Group LLC is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to create and take advantage of opportunities for sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to achieve real and measurable impact for their communities and countries. IDG assistance programs aim to build the capacity, skills, and knowledge of local individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.
Position Description: International Development Group LLC (IDG) is seeking highly motivated students as full and/or part time interns to join our dynamic Projects and Proposals Internship Program in the spring of 2021. The position is based at IDG’s home office in Arlington, VA. The Internship Program offers opportunities to work alongside an energetic group of professionals on projects designed to gain hands-on experience in the rewarding and challenging profession of international development.
- Provide support for new business development such as recruitment, proposal development;
- Assist with program logistics, including arrangements for airfare and hotel, visas, meeting schedules, and briefing books for traveling IDG staff and consultants;
- Coordinate proposal efforts, including proposal production;
- Assist in organizing document archives of IDG programs on SharePoint;
- Conduct research for bids and capture planning;
- Provide support for ongoing international development projects, including in sub-Saharan Africa and Eastern Europe; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Applicants in the process of obtaining either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree will be considered; applicants studying a field relevant to international development a plus;
- A minimum of 1 relevant internship experience is highly preferred;
- High degree of organization, attention to detail, and skill at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
- Ability to work as a part of a team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required with strong demonstrated skills in MS Word formatting preferred;
- Strong communications, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills; excellent report writing abilities required; and
- Professional proficiency in other languages preferred.