At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Job role description:
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2021 (10-12 weeks)
You’re right at the intersection of technology, people, and process, helping clients transform how they adapt to shifts in the market, and more closely align their business strategy and vision.
The goal of the internship is to experience what it is like to work on a team to deliver for clients. Depending on the project, you’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of the processes, goals and objectives that define the client’s future state, and the steps needed to help them get there. You will see how leading technologies can improve traditional business processes. You’ll have an opportunity to learn about your client’s industry, tackle new challenges and learn about the intersection of business and technology. You’ll join a team of consultants and learn what it is like to work in a collaborative environment.Work you could do as a Business Transformation Consultant Intern:
- Support workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Document requirements from the product owner/business lead
- Develop process maps to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of the IBM solution
- Discover current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
- Project business value of a solution in client-relevant terms and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI) impact with key client stakeholders
- Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, and Salesforce)
- Draft and send communications tailored to specific audiences
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environments on a cross-functional team
- Learn and apply IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN CHICAGO, NYC
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Ability to develop new problem-solving techniques to build insights
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in an intense team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
- Can understand clients’ needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Demonstrate exceptional quantitative analysis skills and ability to derive recommendations informed by data and insights
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Currently in pursuit of BA/BS in Economics, Business, Data Science, Engineering or another STEM field
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.