The Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is currently seeking talented candidates for a Senior Instrumentation Technician role at our Silver Springs, NV location. At NATC, our Senior Instrumentation Technicians work directly with a team intent on designing, manufacturing, and testing innovative automotive mobility solutions.
Founded in 1957, the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is a privately owned, independent test, evaluation, design and engineering facility offering development and certification testing to customers worldwide. We have substantial international experience, which allows us to evaluate products intended for global markets knowledgeably and objectively. NATC has compiled an extensive database of worldwide operational and infrastructure conditions allowing accurate definition of user duty cycles and creation of test programs that are representative of service environments around the world. NATC is a leading innovator in translating real world conditions into validated virtual proving ground simulation and virtual prototyping.
NATC’s location in the great basin of Nevada allows our engineers to access terrain that can represent 85% of the world within a 150 mile radius, providing an excellent test bed for off-road mobility. NATC’s operational area includes 1200 sq. miles of natural terrain, that when coupled with 6,200 acres of privately owned test courses, create an unparalleled testing area available to our engineers to innovate and solve our customers problems. From motorcycles to M1 tanks to weapons systems to electrified autonomous vehicles, NATC has completed thousands of test programs as a one-stop shop for automotive development.
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
Works under the direct supervision of the Program Manager. Develops program requirements based on customer specifications; develops instrumentation or system designs including data acquisition, signal conditioning, sensor, power control, vehicle communications, microprocessor, digital and analog systems. Develops engineering documentation which is suitable for up to Mil-Std 100 Level II processes. This position works with stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization to meet corporate goals and objectives as well as meeting the contractual requirements of any assigned project. This position requires someone who is skilled in taking preliminary custom (internal or external) specifications and creating a “better than expected” end product.
1. Plans, architects and implements successful systems from a general set of customer needs.
2. Consults with clients to analyze client needs, objectives, desired features, and input/output requirements.
3. Executes the design and implementation of analog and digital systems.
4. Converts designs and specifications working prototypes suitable for manufacture.
5. Creates end user documents and system documentation – assists with the quality of systems in instrumentation, data processing and systems engineering.
6. Assists with the analysis, definition and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
7. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems.
8. Analyzes systems performance to find causes of system instabilities or undesired operation.
9. Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug systems to attain client approval.
10. Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with the system.
11. Trains end users or technical support staff to use systems.
12. Analyzes and designs instrumentation systems including data acquisition, signal conditioning, filtration and sensors.
13. Relates well with employees and customers at all levels and at all times in a professional and personable manner.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Assists in preparing, writing and reviewing technical proposals and final reports.
2. Assists in special projects.
1. BSCS or BSEE with five (5) years experience; or equivalent experience.
2. Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a current Nevada Driver’s License.
3. Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with varied work shifts.
4. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
5. Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and in writing.
6. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
7. Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
8. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
1. Five (5) years experience analog and instrumentation design experience.
2. Five (5) years experience in digital and microprocessor based systems.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.