The Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is currently seeking talented candidates for an Office Assistant at our Silver Springs, NV location. At NATC, our Office Assistant supports a team of engineers intent on designing, manufacturing, and testing innovative automotive mobility solutions.
Founded in 1957, the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is a privately owned, independent test, evaluation, design and engineering facility offering development and certification testing to customers worldwide. We have substantial international experience, which allows us to evaluate products intended for global markets knowledgeably and objectively. NATC has compiled an extensive database of worldwide operational and infrastructure conditions allowing accurate definition of user duty cycles and creation of test programs that are representative of service environments around the world. NATC is a leading innovator in translating real world conditions into validated virtual proving ground simulation and virtual prototyping.
NATC’s location in the great basin of Nevada allows our engineers to access terrain that can represent 85% of the world within a 150 mile radius, providing an excellent test bed for off-road mobility. NATC’s operational area includes 1200 sq. miles of natural terrain, that when coupled with 6,200 acres of privately owned test courses, create an unparalleled testing area available to our engineers to innovate and solve our customers problems. From motorcycles to M1 tanks to weapons systems to electrified autonomous vehicles, NATC has completed thousands of test programs as a one-stop shop for automotive development.
The receptionist is typically the first point of contact for guests, vendors, job candidates, employees and all incoming telephone calls. In this capacity the receptionist is expected to provide accurate information regarding the company in a professional, helpful and courteous manner both in person and over the telephone. The receptionist is critical in setting a professional and helpful tone in the company’s lobby area. This position also provides office assistance to the other departments as needed.
1. Receives and routes a high volume of calls through the main business line.
2. Tracks, logs and updates incoming call information into customer database.
3. Follows up on cold calls and customer test inquiries status, updates and tracks customer database as needed.
4. Courteously and professionally greets and checks in guests, customers, vendors and applicants according to established guidelines and security procedures.
5. Notifies HR when an employee makes a request for information or a meeting.
6. Prints badges for employees, guests, and vendors as needed.
7. Accurately maintains daily visitor log and company customer database.
8. Coordinates and places company office orders according to established procedures.
9. Verifies weekly carpool and sends report to payroll.
10. Provides monthly copier meter readings to leasing company.
11. Tracks and mails birthday cards to employees.
12. Prepares and assists in the distribution of weekly paychecks and tracking sheets.
13. Distributes and prepares incoming and outgoing fax documents as requested.
14. Assists in the accurate distribution of information to employees and customers.
15. Assists with quarterly and end of year awards preparations
16. Handles special administrative projects, as well as overflow work from department and administrative staff, including word processing, data entry and internet research tasks.
17. Implement test activity announcement procedures.
18. Prepares all outgoing mail with proper postage and handling. Maintains postage meter as needed.
19. Assorted clerical duties such as photocopying and binding, laminating, shredding, and filing.
20. Other duties as assigned.
- Assists with duties of other personnel as needed.
- Assists with applicants and new hire processes.
- Assists in all areas of main office and special projects.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have proficient computer skills. Typical programs include Microsoft applications, and Lotus Notes.
- Must be proficient in the use of office equipment
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, expressing ideas clearly and actively listen to thoughts and ideas of others.
- Must be professional and personable and ability to relate well with employees and guests at all levels.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.