The Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is currently seeking talented candidates for a Facilities Laborer role at our Silver Springs, NV location. At NATC, our facilities laborers work directly with a team intent on designing, manufacturing, and testing innovative automotive mobility solutions.
Founded in 1957, the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is a privately owned, independent test, evaluation, design and engineering facility offering development and certification testing to customers worldwide. We have substantial international experience, which allows us to evaluate products intended for global markets knowledgeably and objectively. NATC has compiled an extensive database of worldwide operational and infrastructure conditions allowing accurate definition of user duty cycles and creation of test programs that are representative of service environments around the world. NATC is a leading innovator in translating real world conditions into validated virtual proving ground simulation and virtual prototyping.
NATC’s location in the great basin of Nevada allows our engineers to access terrain that can represent 85% of the world within a 150 mile radius, providing an excellent test bed for off-road mobility. NATC’s operational area includes 1200 sq. miles of natural terrain, that when coupled with 6,200 acres of privately owned test courses, create an unparalleled testing area available to our engineers to innovate and solve our customers problems. From motorcycles to M1 tanks to weapons systems to electrified autonomous vehicles, NATC has completed thousands of test programs as a one-stop shop for automotive development.
Works under the direct supervision of the Facilities Lead by assisting in daily upkeep of the facility and taking on tasks as assigned.
1. Basic building maintenance – Filter, toilet repair, installation of fixtures, landscaping, and grounds.
2. Uses and maintains a variety of tools, materials and equipment.
3. Maintains all tools and equipment assigned in a secure, clean and orderly manner.
4. Maintains records and work reports on all work performed.
5. Constructs, maintains, repairs and renovates fixtures and furniture.
6. Perform work in preparing and painting exterior and interior surfaces of buildings, equipment and furniture.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with varied work shifts.
3. Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a current Nevada Driver’s License and good driving record with no more than 2 points in the past three (3) years.
4. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
5. Must be able to read and understand written and verbal communications.
6. Required to be familiar with and use all hand tools, power tools and equipment common to the skills listed and be well versed in the disciplines mentioned above.
7. Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and in writing.
8. Ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public.
9. Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
1. Work experience in a facility maintenance position.
1. Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization. This is a safety sensitive position.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.