Due to the nature of internship duties, this is not a remote internship.
The Nonprofit Event Fundraising Intern will work directly with the Special Events Coordinator to execute key events throughout the semester. Interns are expected to commit a minimum of 12 hours per week with occasional weekend work for the event itself. As this is an unpaid internship, students are encourage to seek academic credit for this internship. Please contact your faculty advisor for more information.
Responsibilities include working toward the successful completion of 2 major fundraising weekend festivals at Burnside Plantation: The Blueberry Festival in July and Apple Days in September
- Research and identify new sponsors to solicit – add information to appropriate databases for sponsor letters
- Follow up with crafters and vendors to make sure all application materials have been received
- Follow up with suppliers and confirm delivery and set up details
- Identify new signage needed and compile list for graphic designer
- Identify and inventory supplies and materials required for programs and food/beverage sales
- Assist with site preparation and set up, festival weekend, and after event tear down
The successful intern will be comfortable with both electronic and in person communications. Attention to detail and follow through to the completion of a task is imperative. They will be flexible and able to transition from task to task in a fast-paced environment. The successful intern will exhibit a willingness to learn and to ask questions when they are uncertain. Hands on physical activity is required for the events themselves, as well as the ability to interact with the public. Professionalism in appearance and demeanor, and strict confidentiality is a must.
Successful completion of events and/or non-profit development courses preferred. A basic knowledge of Word and Excel required. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge is a plus, though not required.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.