The Clinician is responsible for the expert assessment and delivery of quality mental health care to youth and families. Candidates must have thorough knowledge of services provided, well developed advocacy skills, knowledge and understanding of payment processes for services and regulatory knowledge.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works as a senior team member in assessing a youth’s/family’s needs and is responsible for developing, assessing and modifying the individual service plan in collaboration with the youth/family and multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Must have demonstrated ability to diagnose and treat children/youth and families with more complex challenges.
- Provided expert individual and group therapy, including structured and process groups, within a variety of settings (residential, school, community).
- Recognizes the need for and provides team mentoring and clinical guidance; clinical peer supervision and clinical consultation.
- Develops and provides expert training to employees as required.
Requirements: Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or a related field is required. NYS Professional License in area of study is required. Candidates must have 5-7 years of relevant experience. Candidates with management/supervisor experience are preferred. Candidates must have a valid NY State Driver’s License and must meet agency driving and insurance standards.