We are currently hiring for a Care Manager II for Children’s Health Homes at our Jamestown, NY location.
This is a full time (40 hour) position.
Monday-Friday between 8am – 4:30pm.
The Care Manager II for Children’s Health Homes will deliver the six core health home services in a manner consistent with the Children’s Health Home of Upstate NY (CHHUNY) Care Management model. This includes convening the care team and facilitating a family-driven and youth guided process to develop and implement the service plan. The person in this role will support and coach caregivers as they navigate the multiple complex child serving systems and will also work with families to plan for transitions, secure culturally relevant services, implement health promotion and recovery oriented practices, and utilize proactive deescalating responses to disruptive behavior.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to all referrals and begins outreach by working actively with the referring entity to engage the individual and convene the care team.
- Screens, and where applicable, conducts the appropriate comprehensive assessment within the stated required time frames to guide ongoing service delivery.
- Provides coaching and care management service to develop a comprehensive care plan in collaboration with the individual, family, natural supports and identified community agencies.
- Effectively identifies and uses available resources using current knowledge and awareness of agency and community services, and assumes an influential role in building recommended service options.
- Acts as an advocate and broker for individuals and families in making referrals to agency services and community programs, and supports linkage.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in the human service field (sociology, psychology, social work, nursing, counseling, human services, etc.) and 2 or more years of experience working with children/families in the human service field is required. A candidate with 5 or more years of relevant home health/human service experience is preferred. A candidate with a Master’s degree in a human service related field of study and at least 1 year of relevant experience may also be considered. Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.