This position provides support and financial guidance to the Entertainment Complex Food and Beverage (F&B), Retail and Games teams to improve processes and controls, assist with data aggregation and analytics, and provide financial analysis and reporting for financial close and key business decisions.
(Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Provide support to the F&B, Retail and Games teams by creating and distributing standardized reports and ad hoc analyses, as well as by analyzing the results, performing variance analysis, identifying trends and making recommendations for improvements. Examples include tracking labor, preparing weekly profit and loss statements by operating location, monitoring expenses, and reviewing monthly profit and loss statements with the teams.*
- Perform certain month-end closing duties such as preparing cost calculations, validating inventory balances, recording journal entries, and reconciling balance sheets. Fluctuation analysis of revenue, COGS, labor expense, margins and inventory levels will also be expected.*
- Research and resolve operational inquiries related to financial and operational performance.*
- Assist in the preparation and on-going analysis of budgets.*
- Provide recommendations for process improvement, workflow efficiencies, and bolstering internal controls.*
- Review and validate point of sale system configuration and function for accuracy, proper reporting, and appropriate segregation of duties.*
- Assist in inventory management by planning and coordinating the completion of cycle counts and physical inventories, monitoring inventory levels, and focusing on loss prevention.*
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement through the use of reporting tools and automation.*
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related.
- Six (6) years of relevant work experience can be substituted for education
- Industry Experience within Amusement Park, Hospitality/Tourism, Food & Beverage and/or Retail, preferred
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office and Google applications, including Excel, Word, Google Sheets and Docs.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment but also has the ability to work independently while conducting research and preparing data analysis to solve complex problems.
- Able to successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (20ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (20lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Constant (>67%)
- Standing Occasional (<33%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- May include working evenings/holidays/weekends as business level/job responsibility dictates.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer