Are you looking to work with great people and join a dynamic team of professionals as we help support the mission of the Milton Hershey School ? If you answered yes, then consider joining the Finance team at Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
The Corporate Staff Accountant will serve as a financial resource for management. This position is responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts, reviewing financial statements and analyzing financial results. Additionally, this position assists with budgeting and forecasting for select areas and performs special projects as needed.
- Record and report financial results, including accurate and timely preparation of monthly journal entries, financial statements, and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyze financial results and explain variances to both budget and prior year benchmarks. Assist management in identifying opportunities for financial improvement and cost reduction.
- Evaluate revenue and expense trends, and report projected results to management. Assist in the compilation of forecasts and financial projections.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget for select areas to include design and management of budget schedules and comparison to current year and prior year activity. Present budget to management.
- Serve as a financial liaison for select departments and actively participate in team meetings to share information and insights.
- Review selected monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and general ledger balances to ensure accuracy, completeness, proper classification and adequate review. Prepare summary of findings on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with applicable policies and procedures as well as approve Travel & Entertainment expense reports and purchase requisitions for select divisions.
- Complete special projects and prepare ad-hoc reports and analyses as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Must have at least one (1) years of experience in general accounting, financial analysis, or internal audit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and financial systems.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, able to work as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Strong understanding of financial statements and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Physical requirements of the position include finger dexterity, the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances, hearing and speaking.
- Typical work environment is an office setting.
- Normal working hours are Monday-Friday for this position will include 40 hours per week during normal office hours between 8am-6pm.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer