DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and implements an instructional program that provides appropriate learning experiences for each student.
- Collaborates within a professional learning community in order to nurture and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to accelerated student achievement.
- Assesses student achievement and maintains appropriate assessment and evaluation documentation for institutional and individual reporting.
- Manages the behavior of learners in the instructional setting to provide an environment that is conducive to the learning process and assists and participates in the management of student behavior in other parts of the school and school grounds.
- Coordinates instructional activities and collaborates with other professional staff, both school and non-school based, as required to maximize learning opportunities.
- Participates in professional development activities and other staff meetings as required or assigned.
- Provides continuous communication with parents, both written and oral, to keep them informed of their child’s progress.
- Communicates with students, parents, professionals, and support personnel in and outside the school to share information and to support/encourage involvement.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Must possess or be eligible for a Collegiate Professional, Postgraduate Professional, or Provisional license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia with an endorsement to teach at the assigned grade level. First consideration will be given to those who have completed an approved teacher preparation program.
- Passing scores on the Virginia Praxis II (http://www.doe.virginia.gov/teaching/licensure/prof_teacher_assessment.pdf).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and human relations skills.
- Good knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials, and equipment of elementary level instruction.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of children.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, and parents.