Glade Run Lutheran Services
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services Program (EPIC)
2021- 2022 Internships
Be EPIC and help Empower People In Communities!
Glade Run’s Psychiatric Rehabilitation program, EPIC, assists adults who struggle with serious, persistent mental health diagnoses develop the necessary skills to overcome the functional impairments they experience as a result of their mental health. EPIC provides services in both Beaver and Butler Counties.
The program is seeking interns to assist in programming and development of daily activities. Opportunities are available in our Butler and Rochester locations for the Fall 2021 semester or the Spring 2022 semester.
The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (PRS) Worker Intern will assist Glade Run staff with a caseload of persons with long-term psychiatric disabilities and will work to increase their functioning level so they can be successful and satisfied in their environments of choice while living, learning, working and socializing. Responsibilities include assisting with the maintenance of a caseload of consumers and completing daily progress documentation, assessment, and identification of goal plans to assist members in reaching their goals of choice. Services may be provided via site-based group or individually (mobile) in the consumer’s community and/or home environments.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older and working towards academic credit. Prefer students majoring in Psychology, Social Work, Human Services or a related field
- Must have desire and ability to work with clients with mental health diagnosis
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must have the ability to respond well to ever changing environment
- Must be reliable, trustworthy and dependable
- Must have completed at least one year of college
- During the internship, the intern will assist with implementing the daily schedule of the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services program.
- During the internship, the intern will assist with conducting individual assessments and assist individuals with recovery plans.
- During the internship, the intern will work with staff to provide group/individual curriculum (On-Site and/or Mobile) that will help individuals learn to become active in the community, gaining independence in use of public transportation, budgeting and shopping, and accessing social, spiritual and recreational outlets.
- During the internship, the intern will work with staff to instruct/coach and support individuals utilizing interventions and skills that support the individual client’s recovery plan.
- During the internship, the intern will assist staff in the completion of daily documentation of individual progress and curriculum/skills used in programming.
- During the internship, the intern will help to develop the program through suggestions, constructive criticism, and active participation and will provide internship supervisor with up-to-date information regarding attendance, internship requirements, and internship assignments/duties.
Butler, PA, United States OR
Rochester, PA, United States
Candidates must apply via the internship application at the BOTTOM of our careers page at https://www.gladerun.org/about-us/careers. Under the “With What Ages Groups/Genders Do You Prefer to Work” section, document: Psych Rehab/Adults.
Questions? Please contact the agency’s recruiter, Brandie Miltcheva at 724-452-4453 x1231 or email@example.com.