There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In the age of the digital consumer, Global Aftersales is vying to deliver the best automotive user experience, tackling one of the world’s most sophisticated supply chains and exceeding all service expectations. We are responsible for the conception, marketing, sale, and delivery of all automotive replacement parts worldwide for both GM and non-GM vehicles – and we’re the only business unit that supports the vehicle cradle to grave. Looking ahead, we plan to use a century of technical expertise to redefine the industry and introduce the next level of customer service in vehicle ownership.
Our Rotational program accelerates the learning curve for new college graduates by providing dynamic cross-functional assignments with a focus on innovation. Whether it’s developing an eCommerce strategy, partnering with our dealerships across the country, engineering the interchangeability of service parts, or being responsible for the value chain of our million plus parts, each role will be designed to improve your skills and leave a significant impact. Our strength lies in our versatility, and we offer numerous opportunities in our world-class Global Aftersales Engineering, Supply Chain, Warehousing & Logistics, and Sales Service & Marketing organizations.
- Rotational program ensuring exposure to all CCA functions (Engineering, Sales & Marketing, Global Aftersales Operations, and Supply Chain, Logistics, & Warehousing)
- Multiple roles and assignments focused on expanding learner agility and adaptability
- Blend of structured training, informal on-the-job learning, and mentoring
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications:
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Automotive Technology, Sales Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Analytics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration, eCommerce, and/or Sales and Marketing
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must be graduating between October 2020 and June 2021
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities or service organizations
- High aptitude for data analysis
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn
- Prior internship in field of study
- Conceptual understanding and/or experience with computer programming/software, omnichannel supply chain, universal inventory visibility, value chain automation, database management/mining, E-commerce, additive manufacturing, digital marketing, eCommerce, content marketing, omnichannel marketing, augmented reality, artificial intelligence/machine learning, and chatbot development
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.