Position: Paid School Psychology Internship (non-benefited, 190 days)
Available: 2021-2022 School Year
· Currently enrolled in an approved NASP and/or APA graduate training program in school psychology
· Completed an appropriate field-based practicum
· Completed program coursework requirements
· Recommended for the internship by at least one member of the graduate program faculty and by the field-based practicum supervisor.
· Ability to perform the duties of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
· Upload a completed psychological evaluation into the “other relevant certification” section of the online application, remembering rules of confidentiality.
- Possesses outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Under the direction of the FCPS and IHE internship supervisors, the intern
· Provides a range of school psychological services consistent with their training
· Attends school IEP and SST meetings as appropriate
· Conducts formal and informal student and classroom observations
· Conducts psychological and functional behavioral assessments
· Writes assessment reports
· Provides instructional and behavioral consultation
· Provides individual and group counseling
· Offers staff development activities as determined by the field supervisor
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Initiate at least one research project to share with FCPS staff in an appropriate setting.
· The intern works a full school day, and is expected to be on duty on all days when school is in session and teachers are on duty. The intern notifies the field supervisor and other staff as appropriate when variations in the schedule are necessary.
Salary: $20,000 (pending budget approval)
Apply: Interested individuals should complete and submit an online application available at
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview. Reasonable accommodations for the interview will be provided with advance request.
Deadline: Applications should be submitted and complete with all references returned no later than 4:30 p.m. December 31st, 2020. Please ask references to upload letters of reference in the Comments box of the confidential reference survey they will receive. Any questions should be addressed to April Vierra, 301.644.5252.
FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS EMBRACES THE SPIRIT AND REQUIREMENTS
OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY