At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you will be able to do
We are looking to you to take on a key role in creating hardware, software and functional models to enable best-in-class behavior for features like adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, cross traffic alert, active park assist and 360 camera systems. This will involve the development of sensors, ECUs, models and software. You will focus on the development of innovative new features that will be integrated into a central active safety ECU. You will:
- Drive embedded software solutions related to vision frameworks
- Provide high quality embedded software solutions for delivery into active safety ECU’s
- Develop and document software designs
- Develop unit tests and perform development/functional testing to ensure that solutions meet quality expectations
- Understand ECU hardware architecture and dependent microcontrollers as they impact the vision pipeline to ensure a robust video delivery system
- Identify changes to maximize efficiency and remove throughput bottlenecks
- Work with the Ford Hardware in the Loop Team to reduce dependence on vehicle level testing
- Support final product delivery of software functionality, performance, and overall quality
- Adhere to common software development practices, including source code management and agile development methods/scrum teams
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Two or more years of software development experience in C/C++
- At least two years of experience designing and testing embedded systems for high performance, high reliability embedded computing applications
- Two or more years of experience working with 3rd party chipsets and software, including but not limited to 3rd party SDK integration, utilization of hardware accelerators, extending supplied demo code to facilitate product development
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- One or more year of experience as an Applications engineer for active safety systems such as ACC, AEB, LKA, TJA, Collision Avoidance
- Knowledge of embedded board level designs
- Ability to develop/debug low level software
- Experience in imaging, image processing or computer vision to support active safety features
- Understanding of ISP algorithms, human vision system and image quality metrics
- Familiarity with open source vision, sensor fusion and Machine Learning (ML) frameworks (OpenCV, ROS, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe2, scikit-learn)
- Proven ability to implement embedded software architectures, modular applications with model/software
- Ability to develop and conduct laboratory and vehicle tests
- Strong data collection and analytical abilities with active safety sensor systems
- Ability to debug software bottlenecks to ensure efficient utilization of hardware resources
- Knowledge of agile development processes, tools and methods
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.