Emerging Technology & Innovation Department at Ford is an eclectic group of IT professionals who conduct research into leading edge technologies that enable Ford IT and business. The group’s vision is to research, evaluate, apply and deploy new technologies that create value for Ford. Activities of the group include technology vendor engagement, experimentation, proof of concept with relevant business use cases, publication and communication of the research results, and facilitation of technology introduction into the company. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for growing their skills in emerging technologies, and strong interest to apply the learning to solve business problems, such as finding ways to apply Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Computing based solutions to support mobility, autonomous vehicle development, automotive product development and manufacturing.
- Research and apply new AI/cognitive computing technologies and products that support Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Speech recognition (ASR) and Text To Speech (TTS) to applicable use cases at Ford.
- Contribute to the development of Point-Of-View for the technologies and their potential applications at Ford
- Work with business partners/owners to create use cases, share learnings and communicate our research vision and innovation process with business leads and IT management
- Collaborate with business partners, technology vendors and IT in bringing relevant technologies into Ford
- Plan and execute proof-of-concepts (short duration projects) to evaluate applicability of the technology and demonstrate business value and improve user experience
- Contribute to growing our AI Research Lab environment and facilitate awareness and use
- Author papers from the research activities to be published both internally and externally
- Serve as an advisor for architecture development and production deployment of AI and cognitive computing technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience with AI machine learning/deep learning (Relevant graduate school courses and thesis work can be counted as experience)
- 3+ years of experience with development and usage of AI and cognitive computing applications (Relevant graduate school courses and thesis work can be counted as experience)
- Master/PhD Degree in Engineering or Data Science with the focus on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning
- Strong interest in cognitive computing technologies in the areas of language, learning and reasoning as well as possessing a passion for learning new technologies
- Experience with AI toolsets which include development languages such as Python, Java and C++, Machine Learning Library such as TensorFlow and Pytorch, AI pipeline platform such as kubeflow, and relevant Cloud based AI development tools and Cloud based AI services, such as Azure Cognitive Services
- Experience as an AI machine learning engineer
- Experience with API’s and Micro services
- Experience with Agile and Product Based teams
- Ability to create test environments as well as develop and execute test plans
- Possesses technical and analytical skills to take something new or unknown, recognize the value, develop a point of view and apply it to extract business value
- Ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed
- Ability to build credibility and trust with team members and senior leaders
- Ability to garner feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in a less-structured environment where requirements and next steps are vague
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and solving challenge problems
- Excellent writing and presentation skill
- Have a design thinking mindset
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for thewin.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.