At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you’ll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We’re seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What you’ll be able to do:
We’re looking for a highly-creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for taking on big-picture challenges. Does that sound like you? Then get ready to help advance the future of automotive audio with Ford! In this exciting role, you’ll be responsible for supporting the soundstage advanced audio technology and features roadmap. You will work closely with R&A, NVH, CIED, design studio and core audio to prototype and develop sound experiences and proof-of-concepts. You will:
- Drive electrical hardware/software sub-system design
- Contribute to acoustic development of advanced sound algorithms
- Lead GTDS technology and discovery projects
- Maintain and develop the AcoustEgg and mastering room sound facilities
- Design and deliver electrical and software proof-of-concept demonstrators
- Translate concepts into product requirements
- Work with external partners to implement 3rd party IP in Ford IVI or Ford PoC properties
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Six or more months of Hands-on design and development for electronic or software prototypes (including internship/co-op/course work)
Our preferred requirements
- Master’s Degree
- Completed internship in an automotive environment
- Acoustics or physics knowledge
- One or more years of experience in hardware and audio integration into digital signal processors. Competent in C code, Matlab, Sigma Studio and Audio Weaver model development.
- Solid background in practical electrical or software engineering
- Hands-on design and development skills for electronic or software prototypes
- Creative problem solver with ability to innovate under Agile conditions
- Strong collaboration skills, especially with non-engineering creative teammates
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.