At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom of upward mobility as you strive to realize your professional dreams. We’ve got incredible plans for our future – and your future, too! We’re working on some pretty amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. Get ready to play an important role supporting our incredible advancements!
What you’ll be able to do:
Looking for a great answer to the question – what did you do this summer? This is it! Through our Summer Internship, you’ll gain the experience, knowledge and skills to take your career to another level. Throughout this 12-week program, you’ll enjoy hands-on involvement in some of the ground-breaking initiatives we’ve got going on. In addition to developing technically and professionally, you’ll be able to build a network of friends and contacts while discovering what it’s like to live, work and play in Dearborn, Michigan.
Our HR strategic priorities guide our customer-centric approach while we adapt to the changing needs of the business:
- Deliver game changing experiences to unleash the best in our people and make lives better
- Be a winning enterprise, fit in its experiences, structure and ways of work
- Bring the best of our past, inspire creativity in the way we think and work to bring values to life
Human Resources Internship Program
Our goal is to provide meaningful, relevant and challenging HR assignments that directly contribute to the Company business objectives and HR strategic priorities. Interns work on real-world, project-based assignments that are designed to build HR competencies and allow them opportunities to showcase their contributions and growth.
Over the course of 12-weeks, the summer intern program provides opportunities to build a network of friends and contacts, to learn about living and playing in Southeastern Michigan and to see how Ford and the HR team contribute to the company vision.
Upon completion of a successful internship, interns may be considered for full-time employment opportunities in our HR Ford College Graduate (FCG) Program. The FCG program is a 4 year rotational program designed to build a solid foundation through networking and learning experiences by providing opportunities to develop and implement business solutions.
- First-year master’s student (MLIR, MSHR, MBA or JD)
- Candidates must graduate and be available for full-time work prior to September 2022
- Less than 3 years of relevant work experience
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale (to be confirmed prior to internship)
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing environment, with shift work as required
- Commitment to Being Built Ford Tough and Playing to Win
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks within a defined time period
- Adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Manage projects and change
- Communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Commitment to Putting People First, Doing the Right Thing and Being Curious to Create Tomorrow as One Ford
- Engage and cultivate diverse teams
- Leverage prior HR-related and other professional work experience
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of this exciting program, you’ll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You’ll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you’ll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.