Primary Office Location:
One North Shore Center. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 15212.
Join our team. Make a difference – for us and for your future.
The purpose of this internship is to give a college student the opportunity to perform analysis, interpret results, and present findings in a business setting at FNB. This would include but not be limited to opportunities to drive actionable insights for business decisions, develop and maintain dashboards, and tell data driven stories. Additionally, there will be opportunity to shadow a Business Intelligence Liaison in cross-functional department and executive meetings.
In the role of Corporate Analytics Intern, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of business, analytics, and statistics to real world scenarios within our Corporate Analytics department. Throughout this experience you will gain practical, challenging and meaningful on-the-job work experience as a corporate analytics professional with an organization who is continuously recognized as a Top Workplace and Best Place to Work.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists the lead analyst in applying quantitative methods to solve business problems.
* Assists the lead analyst in interpreting analytics results and providing actionable insights.
* Uses SAS, Hyperion, and Microsoft tools to assist with analysis and results validation.
* Assists with the identification of on-line training resources and creation of knowledge-based articles and documentation for the Analytics Knowledge Center.
* Assists with the development and maintenance of department documents including, but not limited to project plans, policies and procedures.
The following objectives will be assessed by the Director of Corporate Analytics and Business Intelligence Liaison upon successful completion of the analysis, report, and presentation:
* Experience performing analytics and validation in response to a specific business question
* Experience presenting results of analysis in written and oral form to management
The following objectives will be assessed by the assigned lead analyst based upon the Intern’s completed Analytics Initiatives:
* Experience performing analytics and validating results that drive actionable business decisions
* Experience summarizing results and creating data visualizations to effectively communicate to the business owner
* Experience using industry standard software packages to execute analytics and create summarizations and visualizations of results
Our internship programs are designed to ensure you gain valuable skills in your field of study while providing networking opportunities with professionals throughout the organization.
Over the course of the internship period you will:
* Gain hands-on experience working for a dynamic and innovative organization while learning about the financial services industry
* Work directly with assigned business leaders and professionals on various projects and assignments
* Have the opportunity to participate in networking events and meetings
* Have the opportunity to participate in corporate training opportunities to furthur aid in your professional development
Position Title: Intern
Business Unit: Multiple
Reports To: Varies Based on Assignment
As an intern at F.N.B., you have the opportunity to experience daily what you learned in your finance or economics classes, see how banks work satisfying the needs of businesses and consumers, enhance leadership skills working with high-performing executives, learn the skills that differentiates F.N.B in the marketplace, understand interest rates and other key financial drivers, acquire credit skills key to portfolio health and learn complex regulatory compliance issues and more. Possible positions include key support areas such as Finance, Marketing, HR, Project Mgmt. and Accounting.
Learn aggressively: Be open to new ideas and concepts, ask questions and be intellectually curious. Opportunities are based on assigned department, possible examples include organizational structures, business etiquette, interpersonal/conflict resolution/sales/negotiation skills, industry information, products and services and functional responsibilities for various Bank departments.
Analyze: Improve the quality of decision making by doing appropriate and thorough analysis. Potential examples are based on the department assigned but can include pricing decisions, financial analysis, qualitative analysis, credit risk mitigation, identifying borrowing needs, project timelines and marketing plans.
Communicate well: Deliver information in a clear, logical and effective manner. Convey information both in writing and orally. Flex style to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group and large-group settings. Possible examples include business meetings, sales calls, training sessions, email communication and conference calls.
Display Teamwork: Work well with others to achieve group goals. Willing to leverage the experiences of members to generate improved results and maximum performance. Lead and follow with effectiveness. Willing to voice dissent and ask difficult questions. Listen, to learn. Examples include department or Intern projects.
Get Results: Be accountable, responsible for the output of one’s effort. Willing to manage risk while pursuing innovative solutions or techniques. Flexible to change course to improve outcomes and results. Understand the criticalness of quality-output. Meet deadlines, getting things done on time and under budget. Possible examples will be numerous in virtually every department in the Bank.
Compliance/Integrity: Understand and follow all company policies and procedures. Meet all relevant legal and regulatory requirements. Complete required trainings and course work in a satisfactory manner and on time.
Complete project assignments in conjunction with rotations and work with appropriate oversight to complete. Learn to accomplish objectives by developing and prioritizing actions steps and establishing and communicating the work plan to the appropriate participants.
Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
All employees have the responsibility and the accountability to serve as risk managers for their businesses by understanding, reporting, responding to, managing and monitoring the risk they encounter daily as required by F.N.B. Corporation’s risk management program.
F.N.B. Corporation is committed to achieving superior levels of compliance by adhering to regulatory laws and guidelines. Compliance with regulatory laws and company procedures is a required component of all position descriptions.
High School or GED
Minimum Years Experience:
Needs to be officially enrolled in an undergraduate bachelor program with a major in areas such as Finance, Accounting, Marketing or Information Technology.
Special Licenses and Certificates: