For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8011
POSITION TITLE: STAFF ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: SECURITIES VALUATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field required
- Knowledge of mutual fund industry, financial services and/ or fund administration functions preferred
- Internship experience in a corporate environment a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word preferred
This position has responsibility for daily and periodic functions related to valuation of the mutual funds and products administered by Federated Hermes, Inc.
- Daily review of price tolerance reports for FNAV and LVNAV money market funds and escalation of exceptions.
- Daily review of price variance reports and escalation of exceptions.
- Review and distribution of unchanged security price reports and dual source pricing reports.
- Assist in documenting valuation decisions of the Valuation Committing via weekly fair valuation worksheets.
- Assist in the review of ASC 820 security price leveling.
- Assist in the preparation and review of reports to be reviewed by the Valuation Committee.
- Assist in the quarterly preparation of reports to be reviewed by various Fund Boards and Board Committees (e.g., Federated Hermes Funds’ Audit Committee, FITC, offshore boards, etc.).
- Assist in daily review of price challenges and broker quote contact requests.
- Assist in the calculation and preparation of 1276 tax adjustments.
- Review of ISS class action settlements including updating the check and litigation notification logs, data reconciliations, retainer and other misc. paperwork.
- For NASDAQ assist in: obtaining NASDAQ ticker symbols for new funds and/or share classes, having funds and share classes deleted from NASDAQ and in the annual review of NASDAQ invoice
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Above average organizational, problem solving and analytical skills with a particular attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to provide a high level of accuracy and accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Above average mathematical and proofreading abilities
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.