For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8069
POSITION TITLE: SR. SEC ACCOUNTANT
DEPARTMENT: ACCOUNTING POLICY & SEC REPORTING
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; active CPA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience required or 2 years of combined public accounting experience and external reporting experience at a publicly held company required
- Experience working with SEC report filings preferred
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with Workiva software and XBRL preferred
This position participates in the coordination and preparation of quarterly, annual and current reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and assists with technical accounting research.
- Participate in the coordination and preparation of quarterly reports (10-Q), annual reports (10-K) and current reports (8-K) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists; and review XBRL
- Assist with accounting research, documentation of accounting conclusions and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, new and/or hypothetical transactions, acquisitions, mergers, new products, financings, etc. utilizing on-line research tools and various publications published by the FASB, SEC, AICPA, etc.
- Manage the evaluation process for determining the capitalizability of certain internal and external personnel costs incurred in connection with internal-use software development projects
- Monitor the development of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, FASB or other standard-setting body and update management as appropriate
- Assist with establishment, documentation and subsequent maintenance of the documentation of Federated Hermes’ accounting policies
- Review and, where necessary, assist with the disclosures for the separate subsidiary year-end financial statements
- Complete other tasks and special projects as assigned
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Technical accounting reading and writing skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make appropriate judgments and decisions and influence others
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.