For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8001
POSITION TITLE: SR. PRODUCT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
- Bachelor degree in business or equivalent field required; MBA preferred
- Minimum five years product development/management or marketing experience in the financial industry with demonstrated proficiency in product development, product management, product communications, market development and interpreting and applying market and analytical research required; experience in the investment management industry preferred
- In-depth knowledge of competitors’ financial products and full range of ’40 Act products required
- In-depth knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques required
- Knowledge of equity products and markets preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Federated’s financial products preferred
- Knowledge of a broad array of investment products; i.e., mutual funds, collective funds, separate accounts, SMAs and alternative products preferred
- Manage the overall life cycle of equity products and strategies. Provide ongoing assessments of opportunities for product refinement, extension and rationalization. Prepare formal product plans, as appropriate
- Define product positioning and key elements of differentiation. Lead or contribute to multi-disciplinary teams in developing communication strategies, including message development and refinement, collateral design and development, delivery (medium) strategies, etc. Ensure continued relevance of key messages based on market conditions
- Lead the development process for new product specifications, including investment (strategy/portfolio), vehicle (’40 Act, collective, SMA, etc.) and product features
- Proactively identify product marketing opportunities based on industry trends, the investment environment and competitive advantages. Partner with Channel Marketing, Sales Management, Sales Consultants and Marketing Communications to define and develop specific product initiatives
- Leverage and coordinate company-wide resources including Sales, Marketing, Investment Research and Client Services to effectively support and promote assigned products
- Lead assessments of new business/product opportunities, soliciting contributions from Market Research, Investment Research, Sales Management, Decision Support, etc., as necessary
- Lead/develop FRC and Executive Staff proposals. Provide contributions and insights to the product development process
- Partner with Training and Development and Investment Management to facilitate product understanding in the field and throughout the organization; proactively identify and address training needs and opportunities. Develop and/or contribute to internal educational material
- Monitor investment performance characteristics to identify product opportunities and challenges, proactively initiating steps to leverage or mitigate accordingly
- Participate in M&A opportunity evaluation and deal implementation in a lead product management role.
- Support overall responsibilities by developing and maintaining a knowledge base of relevant product and market characteristics such as economic climate/outlook and its impact on investment strategies, industry and asset class trends, intermediary product screening and portfolio construction methodologies, key client investment themes, financial advisor buying patterns, Federated product applications, calling and sales trends, competitor activities, regulatory activities, etc.
- Develop through direct and indirect interactions with clients (including advisors, home office, consultants, etc.) an intimate understanding of client needs and the impact of marketplace dynamics and competitor activities
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (additional hours as required)
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Travel as required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Strong problem solving, decision making, quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.