For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8020
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: FUNDS FINANCIAL REPORTING & DISCLOSURE
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required
- 3 – 4 years of business experience including at least 2 – 3 years of public accounting experience auditing or compiling financial statements and required disclosures in accordance with US GAAP
- CPA or progress towards attainment preferred
- Prior experience and high level of proficiency working with financial services fund administration functions
This position supports the operations of Funds Financial Reporting & Disclosure (FFRD) group, including coordination and review of financial statements and regulatory filings for Federated Hermes’ mutual funds.
- Prepare monthly regulatory filing forms. Coordinate annual auditor review of internal controls that support SOC1 testing by external auditors.
- Review and analyze annual and semi-annual financial statements and footnote disclosures prepared by fund accounting service providers (FASPs) for Federated funds. Make revisions, edits and updates as necessary.
- Gain full understanding of Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), SEC rules and applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the U.S. and other international jurisdictions applicable to offshore Federated funds such as in Canada, Ireland and in the U.K.
- Review funds’ portfolios of investments (POI) for reasonability, such as comparing to prior period, and considering if holdings are appropriate given fund type.
- Prepare portions of pro forma disclosures associated with fund mergers.
- Verify if Level 3 determinations have been authorized by Securities Valuation and are in accordance with Federated’s policy.
- Verify affiliated holdings information received from the Federated Compliance department.
- Liaise with audit firms to ensure they have information for Federated departments to complete annual update to permanent audit files.
- Verify that fee limit disclosures in the funds’ fee tables are accurate in both the fund prospectus and the annual report.
- Ensure that security descriptions provided to the FASPs comply with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that interim and final non-negotiable regulatory filing schedules are adhered to.
- Interact with external audit firms during funds’ annual audits to resolve questions.
- Assist in formulation, recommendation and implementation of accounting and operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee procedures performed by the funds’ accounting service providers with regard to preparation of financial statements and regulatory filings.
- Review summary reports prepared by the Funds’ accounting service providers.
- Perform analytical review of financial information included in fund’s financial statements and ensure all disclosures are made in accordance with GAAP, SEC regulations and Federated’s policy.
- Research and evaluate new security holdings for proper presentation in fund financial statements.
- Work collaboratively with FASPs, audit firms and management to ensure the timely and accurate completion of regulatory filings and other assigned responsibilities.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Above average decision-making, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Enhanced math skills with demonstrated ability to provide a high level of accuracy
- Collaborative attitude with effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneous and accomplish goals in a timely manner
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.