For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7988
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR CLOUD DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (ms sql dba)
DEPARTMENT: BISD-TSG-DATABASE ADMINISTRATION
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, related academic area or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server database administration experience required
- Minimum 2 years of Azure administration experience required
- Experience working with cloud platform data warehouses such as Amazon Redshift or Azure Synapse Analytics required
- Working knowledge of Azure DTU and VCore licensing models required
- Experience managing Azure PAAS database services including implementing database security, logging and monitoring required
- Working knowledge of Azure HA and geo-replication for database resiliency required
- Experience with Azure Synapse Analytics/Azure SQL Data Warehouse preferred
- Experience implementing solutions using infrastructure as code required
- Experience using Azure ARM templates and Powershell scripting required
- Experience working as a member of a DevOps team using ci/cd practices preferred
- Experience using git or Azure DevOps for code management preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database recovery required
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database architecture required
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database optimization and tuning required
- Experience Query tuning required
- Experience with Capacity planning required
- Seasoned knowledge of SQL required
- Install, configure and administer database software within a multi database client/server environment.
- Implement and administer cloud platform database and data warehouse solutions using automation, scripting and infrastructure as code
- Work within cross-functional teams to implement ci/cd practices in support of data solutions
- Maintain a working understanding and ability to apply cloud specific security controls to database services on public cloud platforms
- Remain current with the state of major cloud vendors’ database service offerings
- Responsible for database recovery methodologies and the ability to perform each.
- Establish and may administer database security.
- Monitor and optimize database performance.
- Create and/or tune complex queries.
- Work closely with application teams to provide input and oversight responsibility for the logical and physical database design.
- Understand the application use of the associated databases and database technologies.
- Review and assess the impact of database design changes prior to their implementation.
- Provide technical expertise in the design and development of complex SQL.
- Plan and implement database disaster recovery.
- Perform long-term strategic planning for: database growth, database upgrades, operating system upgrades, hardware capacity, and hardware migrations.
- Participate in the research, evaluation, and purchase of future database platforms.
- Work closely with application teams to provide integrated planning for operating system grades, database upgrades, applications upgrades, and hardware migrations.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Warrendale, PA 15806
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a project team
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.