For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8032
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
DEPARTMENT: CORPORATE FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required. Completion of or progress toward passing the CPA exam preferred
- Three to four years of accounting/financial reporting experience in a public company or one to two years public accounting experience required
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required; knowledge of Oracle Financials preferred
- Strong analytical and accounting skills required
- Assist in the preparation, analysis and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and financial statements.
- Analyze various financial statement accounts, detailing account composition and significant monthly and quarterly variances to management.
- Reconcile and monitor balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Record assigned monthly accounting journal entries into the Oracle accounting system. Ensure through research of business issues and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that the proper accounting treatment is being applied.
- Analyze account activity of assigned subsidiary financial statements and prepare stand-alone financial statements, including cash flow statements and footnotes for assigned subsidiaries.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports and schedules used for board meetings and regulatory filings.
- Develop and expand knowledge of GAAP, SEC and FINRA reporting requirements through reading relevant periodicals and the use of online research tools.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Demonstrate ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrate flexibility to manage accelerated / changing deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrate decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
- Cooperative attitude and effective interpersonal and communication skills with clients, coworkers and external auditors
- Effective organization skills with the ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines and monitor open items ensuring successful resolution.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to work as a team member
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to https://careers.federatedinvestors.com/psp/PSEXT/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=11&JobOpeningId=8032&PostingSeq=1
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.