For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7985
POSITION TITLE: PROJECT MANAGER II
DEPARTMENT: BISD – INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SERVICES
- Bachelor Degree in Computer or Information Science or equivalent experience in an IT environment required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Information Technology project management required.
- Experience preferred across Financial Investment Management, including Money Market, Fixed Income, and Equity products.
- Experience managing both software development projects and infrastructure projects preferred.
- Project management experience through the entire project life cycle required; both waterfall methodology and SCRUM methodology preferred.
- Experience with enterprise Project Management tools required; experience with Primavera preferred.
- Manage multiple small-to-medium size projects through the entire project life cycle.
- Act as liaison with vendors, partners and clients.
- Work with the project sponsor during the Initiate/Define phase to achieve a high-level understanding of the project work being requested.
- Obtain Senior Management approval for the work being initiated and prepare and submit scope documents for approval.
- Coordinate, prepare and lead the discussions and meetings to define the work activities and organization of those activities (Work Breakdown Structure meetings). Prepare the project schedule and all required project documentation, including funding and budget , risk analysis, and other documentation as required.
- Execute the project plan on schedule and within budget with effective management of scope, time, quality and cost constraints.
- Communicate status to all stakeholders according to the project communication plan.
- Ensure that the goals and deliverables as described on the project scope document are met.
- Actively manage material changes to the scope and schedule.
- Conduct closing meetings as required with the project team.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (overtime as required)
- Federated Investors Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Occasional travel to Warrendale office
- Ability to effectively communicate complex, technical material
- Ability to multi-task projects and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills along with excellent presentation and planning skills
- Ability to comprehend global perspective of project’s impact to the business
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.