For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7956
POSITION TITLE: MARKET DATA BUSINESS SPECIALIST OR SENIOR MARKET DATA BUSINESS
DEPARTMENT: CLIENT DATA AND ADMINISTRATION
- Bachelor degree in Business related field (Finance, Accounting, Economics or IT) required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years relevant work experience, with 1-3 years within the financial services industry required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an Investment Management market data role preferred
- Experience working in an IT capacity or in conjunction with IT department in a company preferred
- Knowledge of data requirements and systems used by Investment Management professionals required
- Knowledge of core market data applications (e.g. Bloomberg, FactSet, Thomson Reuters products, etc.) required
**The experience level of the candidate will determine level of position as Market Data Business Specialist or Sr. Market Data Business Specialist**
- Provide FHI investment professionals and related staff a comprehensive consulting-oriented service focused on their market data application and investment data needs while looking more broadly across FHI to form comprehensive product strategies and roadmaps. This is done in close partnership and coordination with other support teams at Federated such as the Business Information Services Division (BISD).
- Apply knowledge of the investment process to understand user requirements for external market data services and investment related data. Work with users to clarify, articulate, and document their needs, and apply knowledge of products available in the marketplace to identify, evaluate, and implement solutions that meet those needs. Facilitate product evaluation and selection; analyze content, functionality, and cost relative to expressed requirements. This includes managing product demonstrations and trials. The ideal candidate would have a strong ability to document their findings including but not limited to product assessments and workflow requirements in a written review fit for business user consumption.
- Coordinate communications to users with respect to product upgrades, services newly available in the marketplace, project updates, etc.
- Manage overall firm-wide relationships with a large number (~140 total firm-wide) external market data vendor organizations. Provide feedback to vendors, manage service expectations, communicate FHI requirements, and establish guidelines for working together.
- Analyze vendor proposals and negotiate appropriate agreements/contracts. Negotiation includes terms and conditions of the business arrangement including price, services, quantity, scope, etc. Also must incorporate FHI’s business and legal requirements into an acceptable final document.
- Ensure existing contracts are properly managed and renewals are reviewed/processed in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicate and collaborate with a variety of other departments at Federated: Legal for contract review, Finance/Decision Support and Accounting for billing and financial forecasting, Trading for commission management, Business Information Systems Division for market data technology implementation and support, and others.
- Provide regular updates to Federated’s Market Data Committee including requests for services that require Committee approval. The Market Data Committee is comprised primarily of senior management from Federated’s Investment Management areas.
- Develop business oriented documentation of Federated’s investment applications and workflows in support of initiatives related to improved data quality and streamlined workflow. This documentation will help create common understanding of the various applications and investment data flows in place at Federated. It will serve as a basis to review and analyze data flows and workflows to achieve improvements in quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Participate in investment data related projects to represent and reinforce business needs. Identify synergies and strategies across proposed projects and provide relevant guidance. Support general technology initiatives that have direct impact to investment personnel: workflow, use of investment data, instant messaging, laptops and workforce mobility, Business Continuity aspects of market data applications and investment data, etc.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Demonstrate leadership skills, a collaborative work style, a strong service orientation, strong communication skills, and a capacity for analytical thinking
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, self-motivation with a strong initiative and desire to succeed in a challenging environment requiring multitasking and frequently shifting priorities
- The candidate must have high attention to detail and also think broadly and strategically
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.