Investment Analyst – Investment Grade Corporate Bonds
Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE: FII) for world-class investment management. Federated has grown to become one of the nation’s largest investment managers with $628 billion in assets under management.
Federated has an exciting opportunity for an Investment Analyst for our Pittsburgh headquarters. This position will focus on real estate investment trusts and be a member of the Investment Grade Corporate Bond group, which manages $17 Billion in assets. As an Investment Analyst, you will conduct in-depth research and analysis to support the firm’s investment decision-making process. An ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, passionate about finding the answers, and confident in making recommendations.
· Bachelor degree; MBA strongly preferred
· 3 – 4 Years of fixed income or equity valuation analysis experience required; investment grade and/or high yield preferred
· Solid accounting and finance experience
· Proficiency with Excel, Word and Bloomberg
· CFA or progress toward CFA preferred
· Conduct fundamental on-going independent, in-depth, and complex corporate credit analysis.
· Create and maintain detailed issuer financial models.
· Provide buy, sell, and hold recommendations.
· Develop and maintain working rapport with external analysts and other industry sources.
· Maintain on-going and frequent communications with the traders.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
· Strong work ethic with superior analytical skills and the ability to multitask
· Travel may be required on occasion
Pittsburgh is one of the nation’s most livable cities with a strong, revitalized economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; superior academics and top research universities; and vibrant arts, food, cultural and sports scenes.
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.