For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7964
POSITION TITLE: IMO SENIOR DATA ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in financial services required; Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Technology, or Mathematics preferred.
- Minimum 3 years financial services experience required.
- Analytical skillsets in investigating, analyzing, interpreting data sets preferred. Data processing skills required.
- Solid understanding of Product data and relative data sets and experience using or leveraging data management platforms (e.g. Eagle, Informatica, Markit, Dell Boomi) is preferred.
- Technical skills including VBA/SQL experience preferred.
- Data Management operational experience (e.g. security, product, account, broker, issuer, legal entity, client, contact data management) preferred.
- Strong understanding of the criticality of data quality in the product life cycle, with the ability to champion results across business functions preferred.
- Familiarity with asset management, asset servicing requirements and/or business processing preferred.
- Understanding of Data Governance concepts. Experience in supporting data with a governance framework in place. Playing the role of a Data Steward is preferred.
This position supports, analyzes, and maintains data that is critical to the operations of the firm. The IMO Senior Data Analyst supports the day to day timely delivery of high quality data across Enterprise datasets and downstream data consumers for the purposes of compliance, reporting, sales, marketing, product management, investment processes, regulatory filings and other corporate usage.
- Engage in various initiatives simultaneously. Address data needs from various groups, such as Product Management, Investment Management, Marketing/Sales, Legal, Compliance and Audit.
- Collaborate with other departments to gain a deep knowledge of Product related data (e.g., static data, 40-Act, UCITs, Share Classes, Separate Accounts, etc.)
- Provide Data Processing responsibility over Product Master Data in the “Gold Copy” life cycle management.
- Resolve data quality issues by performing root cause analysis; recommend and implement new or improved processes and controls to ensure adequate mitigation is in place.
- Provide Data Analytical services over Product Master Data in support of Enterprise initiatives.
- Create / construct business validation rules overseeing Product Data Management.
- Create, communicate, monitor and reinforce the department vision, goals and objectives.
- Contribute in the review, development and implementation of new procedures and/or processes resulting from reengineering, new initiatives, increased quality control or as mandated by corporate policy.
- Collaborate and work with Enterprise personnel to ensure appropriate workflow and communication protocols are followed in support of Product Data Management.
- Identify, manage and/or support data quality and data management metrics in support of managing the data.
- Ensure integrity of data to support Product Master data.
- Understand the impact of data changes on applicable systems to ensure that operational transactions are processed correctly and within compliance rules.
- Perform and document periodic audits of analyst and associate functions to measure adherence to operational policies and procedures.
- Accurately and independently respond or complete operational tasks, functions and requests.
- Actively participate in mentoring and training team members as needed.
- Actively participate in coordinating and preparing project plans specifically aligned to on-boarding new Products or Accounts.
- Proactively utilize analytical skills to solve issues related to operational functions; streamline operational processes to reduce risks, improve efficiency and build capacity.
- Perform and participate in other duties and projects as defined by the supervisor or management.
- Day to day review and monitoring of Product Master reconciliations and maintenances.
- Monitor investment and Product data maintained in Federated’s data warehouse(s) for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with members of operations and technology to ensure Product Master data is distributed appropriately and timely to all internal and external applications and downstream data consumers.
- Ability to work shifts (team provides business coverage from 7AM to 8PM. Overtime as required)
- Some off-hours or weekend work may be required
- Warrendale, PA 15086
- Above average organizational skills with ability to multi-task and effectively adjust to changing priorities.
- Above average analytical and time management skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy.
- Effective verbal and written communication with demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal skills to effectively deal with conflict and adverse situations.
- Solid decision making and problem solving abilities.
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.